Everything Going Right
By: Connor Lenahan
Let’s do a quick recap:
1. Slowly but surely, warm weather is returning to Boston. If you gave me a choice between dating Jessica Biel and nothing but 70+ degree weather until next winter, I take the warmth every single time. This winter was awful. I felt like I was going to die. It’s about time I didn’t have to cry over the thought of venturing onto Commonwealth Avenue and it’s Arctic-esque conditions.
2. Baseball has returned to Boston. I can now not only enjoy the sunshine and happiness that comes with not-winter, but I can do it at Fenway Park. Let me clarify for my friends and family members that don’t inhabit the paradise that is Boston: The reigning World Series champions are a five minute walk away from my dorm. “Dream come true” is an understatement. I love going to baseball games – I have tickets for two Red Sox games already – and will venture to the ballpark at every chance I get.
4. I got to meet the wonderful people behind Panda Sal clothing today. We share a common belief that positivity is the key to success, so talking to them was an absolute joy. Plus, now I own a hoodie with a panda on it. Be jealous.
5. We are quickly approaching Free Cone Day at Ben & Jerry’s.
6. Boston University is alive with the faces of prospective Terriers. This is adorable. There are scores of high school seniors who are quite possibly stepping foot on their new home campus for the first time. This makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
I think it’s time to celebrate. Take this Friday night to be happy about the glory of the world around you. Everything is beautiful.
Connor Lenahan (@ConnorLenahan) is a freshman at Boston University, majoring in journalism. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org