10 Best: Foo Fighters
By: Connor Lenahan
Nothing happens on Saturdays, or at least nothing that is incredibly interesting. It’s shocking that I’ve made it this far into writing Unbreakable daily (473 days in a row) while looking for topics on a non-newsday. That’s why Saturdays will now be a Top 10 day on Unbreakable, simply because its fun to make and argue over lists. Call me crazy, but it’s one of my favorite things.
Two weeks ago I did one about Maroon 5. Tonight we will tackle Foo Fighters. Recently I have been on a kick listening to Dave Grohl’s group as I prepare to go see them. Given I’ll be seeing them in July, but still. Like last time, here is a WatchMojo list for the sake of argument.
The WatchMojo Top Ten:
10. “Big Me”
9. “Stacked Actors”
8. “Times Like These”
7. “All My Life”
6. “Monkey Wrench”
5. “Learn to Fly”
4. “My Hero”
3. “Best of You”
2. “The Pretender”
Here is the true top ten best Foo Fighters songs of all time.
10. “Arlandria” – True story, I was in love with this song to the point that I think it’s still the most played song in my iTunes despite the fact the album it’s on came out in 2011.
9. “Stacked Actors” – Crazy underrated. I’m genuinely impressed it made WatchMojo’s list at all.
8. “Learn to Fly” – Greatest music video of all time.
7. “This is a Call” – Not only the first song in Foo Fighters history, but Dave Grohl plays every instrument on the track. Seriously. This isn’t even remotely fair.
6. “Friend of a Friend” – As a longtime Nirvana song I can’t help but love this song. Every play commands full attention.
5. “Times Like These” – Why has it been that seemingly everyone forgot this incredible song exists?
4. “Monkey Wrench” – Dave Grohl hits the “One last thing” line in one breath. I’ve been trying to do the same in Rock Band 3 since I was a junior in high school with no success.
3. “My Hero” – If you don’t get a little choked up when you hear this song then you might be a robot.
2. “The Pretender” – I momentarily forgot this song existed until I rewatched the video above. To this day still one of the best rock songs I’ve ever heard.
1. “Everlong” – Nailed it, it’s the best song the group has ever had and one of the best songs of the past 20 years.